Friday, October 21, 2011

Time at the Hospital

Spent the last two days at the hospital.  Not sure how many more there will be.  When you get in a place like that you want to have a big pity party and say, 'Lord, why is this happening to me?' We have had a very stressful time for the past year with my mom being sick, Dad being in and out of the hospital, and my husband having a stay in the hospital.  From the end of October to the end of February I spent 6 weeks in Oklahoma.  6 weeks in 4 months taking care of Mom, then for the funeral, then for a new grandbaby :)
Things seemed like they were finally getting back to normal, and then my husband ended up back in the hospital again.  He was upset that he was missing revival, and that he's off work.  And most of you know that hospitals are pretty depressing places to be. 
Came home last night and couldn't sleep thinking about him up there, and just sort of feeling sorry for myself and him in general.  Go back up and spend the day today and as I was leaving this afternoon to come home and take a shower, I was talking to a lady that her husband is on the same floor.  We were talking about the doctors and nurses up there and how good they have been.  Her husband has been there since Sunday.  We didn't come in until yesterday.  If everything goes good, we may be coming back home tomorrow, and he may be back at work Monday or Tuesday.  Her husband has the same infection as mine, but because it got too bad before they made it to the hospital, he is having his foot taken off tomorrow.
Just when you think things are bad, you find out that they could be much worse.  I am so thankful that God is mindful of us and He sends little reminders that let us know that He is still there taking care of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment